Hi everyone! I know I’ve been absent from the blog-world for a few days, but with good reason. I had family visiting over the weekend, and with all of the frolicking we did, there wasn’t any time to post. I will have to catch you up another time about all the fun we had and upload some yummy food pictures! Most of the time we ate out, so there aren’t any new recipes, but there was a lot of yummy Montreal food that I don’t always go out and experience. Since the family left yesterday morning, I’ve been catching up on schoolwork and snoozing in bed – somehow with all of the touristing (can that be a word please?) we did in the sub-zero weather and sleeping in the same room with two snorers, I seem to have caught a little cold. (The fun was totally worth it though!)
Even if I’m a bit under the weather today, I am definitely in good spirits! Yesterday started out with some great news in the form of a wonderful surprise! I woke up to find a WordPress notification on my phone letting me know that Debbie over at The Mountain Kitchen nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thank you, Debbie! If you haven’t made it over to her blog yet, you really should. I love her recipes and the pictures she posts, as well as the stories she shares from her corner of the world!
For those of you who aren’t familiar with the Liebster Award, it’s a way for up-and-coming bloggers to get to know one another and show admiration for each others’ interests. This is the first award I’ve been nominated for, and I’m really excited! I love the time I spend blogging – it’s a nice change from writing papers for school, and I love that I get to share some of my interests (mostly food) with anyone who wants to read it. I’m honored that people actually are reading it! The more I’ve blogged, the more WordPress has started to feel like an actual community that I love being a part of! I’ve “met” some great bloggers out there, and I love reading about all of your stories as much as I love sharing my own!
That’s enough of my rambling on and on… Here are the Liebster Award nomination rules:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the ten Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick ten bloggers to be nominated for the award with fewer than 200 followers.
- You must come up with ten questions for your nominees to answer.
- You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
Here are the ten Liebster questions given to me by The Mountain Kitchen:
- Cold or Hot? Cold, because you can always add more layers or blankets to get warm. I would love nothing more, however, than to be on a tropical island right now. Is it me or has this winter felt like an eternity?
- River or Ocean? Absolutely Ocean. Love the beach and going down the shore!
- Sweet or Spicy? Sweet. I don’t abhor spice, but I think I like it less than most people do. Also nothing creeps me out more than spicy cheese. If I wanted something spicy, I wouldn’t be eating a dairy product…
- Jetsetter or Homebody? A little bit of both? I love to travel and explore new places, but I also enjoy being at home, cooking with family and friends, or just reading a good book.
- Cats or Dogs? Dogs in general, my cat in particular. If you know me you know I’m obsessed with her.
- Book or Movie? Book. Movies always ruin the books, too.
- Sitcom or Reality TV? Sitcom, even though I have developed an unhealthy addiction to TLC lately (the TV channel, not the 90s girl band).
- Early to Rise or Night Owl? Night owl. I would love to say I’m a good waker-upper but I’m just not.
- Beer or Wine? Wine all the way – I can’t hide the fact that I think beer tastes like feet.
- City or country? A bit of both. I love all the city has to offer, but I dream of having a cow one day, and cows don’t live in the city.
When I read the Liebster rules yesterday, I was excited to have an excuse to spend more time looking through WordPress than usual. I got to revisit old favorite blogs and learn more about ones I was following but hadn’t spent much time reading. After a few happy hours spent reading blogs, I came up with this list of nominations:
Thanks so much to you guys for writing interesting posts that keep me coming back for more!
Here are the questions I came up with for my nominees. I just realized the vast majority of them have to do with food. Maybe I just think about food most of the time. Feel free to answer in your own way. You can claim both answers or come up with your own if it’s more fitting:
- Candlelight or Flashlight?
- Pancakes or Waffles? Or Crepes?
- Beach or Snow?
- Chipotle, Qdoba, or Moe’s?
- Where is your favorite place in the world to be?
- Coffee or tea?
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
- Brownies or cake?
- Appetizers or desert?
- Soymilk or regular milk?
That’s all for now! Time for me to make dinner. Thanks again to The Mountain Kitchen!